hello children 🙂
I decided to go on a baking spree last night, so at around 9 pm I ended up with a sink full of dirty dishes and six batches of oatmealy deliciousness. Thesse cookies make for a quick and easy breakfast, but I will always prefer the classic cookies and milk for a simple dessert. The recipe is from AllRecipes.com (find it here), but I’ll also include it in this post (just scroll down).
The recipe (and the cookies I made) don’t have any chocolate chips, but feel free to add them as you see fit!
Recipe for Soft Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s all for today, dears!
photographs by me. soft oatmeal cookies recipe belongs to AllRecipes.com
P.S. For those of you that are confused by all the name changing that happened recently, click here. Hopefully everything will be made clear. Love you always!